nothing but good stuff. really.
So chapter 2 is all about motivation to taking the plunge. She makes the ever so enticing promise of increased “stamina, endurance, mental clarity, focus and productivity – all the things I have in abundance since I began eating this way.” Here are the bonuses of the plan, according to Ani:
As an aside here she lists Philip’s top five weight-loss tips:
- WATER! We are hooked on water. Drink daily, lots of. That’s at least what we like.
- GREENS – also high water content greens like cucumbers, celery, and leafy greens – and be sure to include a green juice or green smoothie at least once a day. Here at NBGS we grow wheatgrass and drink a couple of ounces daily and we love every sip.
- EXERCISE – of course – and we’ve followed Truth Calkins’ recommendations and got ourselves the coolest rebounder (aka mini-trampoline) in the world! Sylvia of QiBounding.com has a ton of information, videos, cool stuff about why bounce. But mostly, because it’s just so much fun! We’re bouncing for joy!©
- ATTITUDE – adopt an attitude of gratitude; sounds clichaic but it’s so true. Ani says to be positive, do things that make you laugh (and love), affirm positively, discover innocently. Even the Budha said we are to enjoy what life has to offer, so there! Have fun, see point 3 above and bounce for joy!© If it looks like we’re bouncing about it way too much, well, it’s because spring is just a million times better when you’re bobbing up and down on your rebounder in the fresh air. But we digress.
- BREATHING – oh yes please don’t stop! Ani suggests that we “stay present and in the moment; let go of all worry and fear. Breathe into your power and know that you are unstoppable.” We’ll take a half-dozen of that!
As another aside here she lists Robert Cheeke’s top five muscle-building tips:
- EAT UP !
- BE DENSE.. (nutrient-wise)
- FIND YOUR PURPOSE – have we mentioned bouncing for joy!© yet? But seriously, this is about having a meaningful reason for building muscles. We just want to be strong and healthy.
- KEEP. IT. CONSISTENT. That about sums up everything you want to do in life pretty much.
- PRACTICE COMPOUND MOVES. Umm, like bouncing for joy!© with little hand-weights. It is so, so cool.
Thank you, gentle reader, for your patience and support. We will have more bonus points and sidebars tomorrow, and move on to Chapter 3 a day or two later. Bliss out.
A Blog About Growing, In Spite of Yourself
The New Workplace Institute Blog, hosted by David Yamada
PROMOTING FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE
הבלוג של ארכיון "גנזים" אגודת הסופרים
...how would you Hack Library School?